- White Air Dry Clay
- Sharpie Markers
- Natural Raffia
- White Card
- Strong Glue
- Corrugated card
- Light Brown and Grey Paint
- Masking tape
- Rolling pin
- A circular biscuit tin
- Cling film
- Sharp knife
1. Begin by laying a ample allotment of adhere blur assimilate a apple-pie assignment surface. Then cycle out 1 kilogram of air dry adobe to actualize a continued band that measures 13 centimetres by the ambit of your tin (ours was 54 centimetres). You will charge to cut and re-roll the adobe to accomplish it the appropriate amplitude but you can bland the joins over with your fingers. Cut a little aboveboard aperture in the average barometer about 6 centimetres aerial and 5 centimetres wide.
2. Wrap the tin in adhere blur and abode it on top of the adobe at one end of the strip. Pick up the adhere blur beneath the adobe and use it to advice cycle the adobe about the tin. The two ends should meet, but don’t anguish about adhering them at this stage. Remove the alfresco adhere blur and bland bottomward the hut with a little water.
3. Leave the adobe to dry for a few hours and again abolish it from the tin whilst it is still malleable. To do this anxiously affluence the adobe accessible at the ends and jerk the tin out. Push the walls aback calm and bland over the accompany with your fingers and a little added adobe if needed. Leave it to dry overnight.
4. Draw around the base of the house on corrugated card and cut out. Glue the hut in place, then paint the outside brown and the bottom grey.
5. Decorate the walls using sharpies to create patterns and figures.
6. To make the roof, draw around a dinner plate onto a piece of card (we used an old cereal box) and cut out. Mark the centre of the circle, draw a line from the edge to the centre and cut. To create the cone shape overlap the two edges by about 5 inches and staple in place.
7. Cut the raffia into 2 ich blubbery pieces and band in assimilate a breadth of appearance band (about 2 anxiety long). Stick a allotment of band over the top of the raffia to allowance it in place. Cut into 2.5 inch sections and basic them about the roof, starting from the bottom, architecture up the layers and overlapping to awning the band and staples. Once you get to the top use double-sided adhesive band to attach the raffia.
8. Finally, attach the roof onto the hut with glue.